Wednesday's story find's Christian meeting some worldly "pilgrims" that put ease and comforts before God. Read through the story to be ready for Omega this week.
You can find the story at desiringgod.com. If you download the PDF, we'll be in pages 111 – 125.
1. Have someone retell the major points of the story. What happened? Who were the characters?
2. What was an interesting or applicable part of the story for you?
3. What was Mr. Selfish (Mr. By-Ends) focused on? What was his God?
Answer – ease, prosperity, and acceptance.
4. Why did Christian leave Mr. Selfish behind? Why did he so passionately disagree with Mr. Selfish’ way of being a pilgrim?
5. Read the following passage and contrast how the Bible views money and how our culture views money.
1 Timothy 6:6-9 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.